Evaluation
During the process of finding different sources of
information about file sharing, I used Wikipedia to give me a brief outline of
what it meant by illegal file sharing. To begin with I highlighted and wrote a
couple notes and comments on the task sheet to remind me of what I could
research about. The sources that I used were the internet, my peers and also a
text book from the library. I couldn’t really put in much of my peers comments
on my work as they weren’t reliable or strong to back up what I was writing
about but I decided to put them into my own words and change it up a little.
I looked up onto the BBC website which I found really
reliable as it included information which could back up what I write in my
journalistic piece such as facts and figures. The information which helped the
most was the BBC info because it included trustworthy things that I used in my
journalistic piece. The information I didn’t find so reliable was from
Wikipedia as it weren’t all correct although it did briefly outline basic
points about file sharing alone. Wikipedia is not a reliable source to use as
it has been changed by different people and their various opinions.
I found that finding good source of information challenging
as it had to obtain the right things to use in my journalism piece. In my
journalistic writing included words such as plural pronouns to show that I’m
giving my opinion. I also included rhetorical questions to get my audience
thinking about the topic. The structure for my journalistic piece is set to be
clear and understanding for my target audience. I inserted two pictures of an artist that I
mentioned in my writing. For those who don’t know the artist is by name then by
using a picture might help remember.
Whilst using In-design I noticed that there tools that I’ve
come across before. Tools such as crop cut and paste, including inserting
pictures using the ruler provided. I’m able to use Photoshop but not so well
but in this case the programme was different and fairly easier to use. My
strengths were using the tools on In-Design as well as the programme itself;
moreover my weakness was trying to research valuable information to go into my
writing, also on top of that I tried to use different sources to look for my
information such as using a text book but that wasn’t really successful because
I didn’t try.
When trying to insert certain pictures the internet went
down a couple of times, and sometimes the picture would either be too small or
big for the placement on In-Design. Making blogger on the other hand was
complicated but after a while I got into the hand of it as I pictured it to be
like my email account. Overall blogger is also fairly easy to use.
Comments:
Peer1: the background
colour works well; it’s not too dark or bright.
Peer2: enough information given on the page, good use of
language to suit the target audience.
Peer3: the pictures are not too big or small, suits the
writing.
Improvements:
I think in order to improve my work I would like to put an
interview of an artist talking about the situation; this could bring the
audience in especially if the artist is well known. Another thing that I need
to improve on is the structure because I believe that I don’t have a clear
beginning, middle and end, moreover maybe use another artist which disagrees
with it all because not all artists feel the same way. Overall I’m happy with
the work produced.
No comments:
Post a Comment