Task4: Audience feedback and Evaluation (college magazine)
I was given the task to create a cover page and contents page for a magazine based on my college. The purpose of this magazine is to inform and show students of the latest news around the college. I started off by drawing a rough draft of how I imagined my front cover and contents page would look like by including notes and writ down what would be included in those empty boxes I drew.
I started off by taking a duo shot of a boy and girl for the front cover of the magazine; I decided to take a duo shot because I wanted to include both a boy and a girl so it would appeals to both males and females in the college, the shot used for this picture was a mid-shot from the chest so it doesn’t it doesn’t distract the audience on what the models on the cover are wearing but instead what’s on the page. I later moved onto taking pictures of different facilities in the college such as the library and gym. Some of the pictures were wide shots to show what’s happening around the room. For the pictures taken I used a Cannon 12mmp compact camera. I took these pictures to show the latest news around the college and to show the facilities available for the students.
In the process of making my cover page and contents page I think what went well was arranging everything on the page as I knew where I would place everything on the page so I managed to do that quick and well. Taking pictures around the college was fairly easy as I knew which shots I wanted to use and the reasons for it. The font and size of the masthead on the page was tricky because the picture taken for my front cover took up most of the space on the cover, so therefore I had to place my masthead on the left top hand corner and this had to be big and bold so that the target market knows what it’s about.
Using Photoshop was difficult as I have used it previously for other work, but at times moving the text and image where I wanted it on the page was difficult because I had to change the mouse on the toolkit for it to move apart from that, everything else went well. The contents page also went well because I followed the guidelines of my drawing although I did re-arrange certain things, for example where the picture would go on the page.
Overall what I need to improve on is the way I structure the cover lines on my cover, making sure I know which colours would suit the audience and what kind of style of writing would be appropriate for the target market taking into consideration that not everyone is the same so therefore I have to make suitable for the whole of LSC students. In this case I didn’t take this into consideration and used different fonts and sizes on my cover page; this is something I would improve.
Another thing that I need to improve on is the context of my writing, sometimes I would go off and write informally because I know this would suite the target market but I also need to be aware that teachers and other member s of staff would want to read it so therefore I have to keep everything in formal language to suit everyone that reads it.
For my music magazine:
· I will write in formal language to suit my chosen target audience and also for the benefit of those who are not my intended target audience.
· I would include female and male on my cover page so that it appeals to all genders.
· I will also use unisex colours because I will use two opposite genders I have to include colours that match them both.
No comments:
Post a Comment